Posted to user@struts.apache.org by suhas <su...@techmas.hcltech.com> on 2000/06/12 16:27:55 UTC

problem starting tomcat 4.0

Getting a error while running startup.bat in tomcat\bin  -

Tomcat 4.0
Wht can I do

Suhas

Using CLASSPATH: ..\bin\bootstrap.jar;e:\jdk1.2.2\lib\tools.jar
E:\tomcat\bin>E:\tomcat\bin\shutdown.bat
Using CLASSPATH: ..\bin\bootstrap.jar;e:\jdk1.2.2\lib\tools.jar
A nonfatal internal JIT (3.10.107(x)) error 'Relocation error: NULL relocation t
arget' has occurred in :
  'org/apache/crimson/parser/Parser2.maybeComment (Z)Z': Interpreting method.
  Please report this error in detail to http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cg

Re: problem starting tomcat 4.0

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Marc-andre Thibodeau wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have two servlets interacting in an application:  the Struts' Action
> Servlet and another servlet of mine that intercepts all requests and
> puts information related to them in a database (referer, host, etc.).
> So when a request comes in, myServlet receives it, saves these
> information in the database and then forwards the request to the
> ActionServlet who does the rest of the job.
>
> Now I would like that after forwarding the request to the ActionServlet,
> my servlet "waits" for the *response*, determined by the ActionServlet,
> to put some information on it in the database.  But I have no idea how I
> can do that...  Perhaps using an include instead of a forward?  Anybody
> has an idea??

What you're describing is exactly the kind of thing that Filters in the
Servlet 2.3 specification are designed to do.

You can sort-of fake this in 2.2 using RequestDispatcher.include(), but
you are going to find the restrictions on includes (such as not being able
to set the HTTP response headers) to be pretty limiting.

> Marc

Craig McClanahan

Re: problem starting tomcat 4.0

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, suhas wrote:

> Getting a error while running startup.bat in tomcat\bin  -
>
> Tomcat 4.0
> Wht can I do

Well, you can start by reading the error message :-).  It relates to the
XML parser, not to Tomcat or Struts.  In fact, the error does not prevent
correct operation (so you can just ignore it).  Alternatively, upgrading
to JDK 1.3 or 1.3.1 makes the message go away.

> Suhas

Craig McClanahan