Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Marc Guillemot <mg...@yahoo.fr> on 2006/10/09 13:44:24 UTC

Property expansion notification interesting?

Hi,

would it make sense that Ant notify listeners (or a special sort of
listeners) of property expansions?

WebTest (http://webtest.canoo.com) makes an intensive use of ant
(WebTest steps are expressed as ant Tasks) and we need to "see" how the
tasks have been configured to generate a comprehensive report. This is
not really easy (own PropertyHelper, guess which property of which class
has been expanded, ...) and could be much easier and safer if Ant could
notify of what is done in RuntimeConfigurable#maybeConfigure and
IntrospectionHelper.

I suppose that it could be interesting not only for WebTest but for
instance for IDE too.

Before to open an issue and to work on a patch I wanted to hear if you
think it would be an interesting feature.

Marc.

Re: Property expansion notification interesting?

Posted by Marc Guillemot <mg...@yahoo.fr>.
Hi,

the problem is that the PropertyHelper doesn't know the name of the
property being expanded: it receives only the value to expand.

Marc.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.