Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Hervé Boutemy <hb...@apache.org> on 2021/12/18 10:52:53 UTC

[ANN] Apache Maven Wrapper 3.1.0 Released

The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache Maven Wrapper, version 3.1.0.

The Maven Wrapper is an easy way to ensure a user of your Maven build has everything necessary to run your Maven build.

This is the first release of this project in its Apache Maven new home: it was previously maintained by community at https://github.com/takari/maven-wrapper and was kindly donated to the Maven team. Thank you to all people who permitted this.

See https://maven.apache.org/wrapper/ for instructions on how to use this updated Maven Wrapper.

You can download the appropriate sources etc. from the download page:

https://maven.apache.org/wrapper/download.cgi

Release Notes - Maven Wrapper - Version 3.1.0

** Bug
    * [MWRAPPER-18] - using MVNW_REPOURL, wrong Maven version is downloaded
    * [MWRAPPER-19] - maven-wrapper DefaultDownloader does not parse user/password correctly
    * [MWRAPPER-20] - Maven Wrapper creates empty file when it fails behind proxy 407
    * [MWRAPPER-22] - maven-wrapper on windows
    * [MWRAPPER-25] - fix installer messages
    * [MWRAPPER-37] - restore MVNW_REPOURL support for wrapper plugin

** New Feature
    * [MWRAPPER-28] - add mvnwDebug* scripts

** Improvement
    * [MWRAPPER-24] - mvnw calls which(1) which is an external command
    * [MWRAPPER-27] - rework mvnw* scripts to better match mvn* from Maven 3.8
    * [MWRAPPER-29] - Project should build successfully with verify lifecycle
    * [MWRAPPER-30] - Add help mojo
    * [MWRAPPER-31] - Get rid of maven-artifact-transfer
    * [MWRAPPER-32] - Use Maven core component in provided scope

** Wish
    * [MWRAPPER-26] - install binary by default to match older user experience

** Task
    * [MWRAPPER-14] - Make maven wrapper functional
    * [MWRAPPER-17] - IP-CLEARANCE for Maven Wrapper
    * [MWRAPPER-34] - use Java 7 for maven-wrapper-plugin and maven-wrapper.jar
    * [MWRAPPER-35] - don't copy mvnwDebug* scripts by default

Enjoy,

-The Apache Maven team

RE: [ANN] Apache Maven Wrapper 3.1.0 Released

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
So (with my incubator mentor hat on) ...

If we update the maven-wrapper stuff currently in the repos with something we created with the new apache maven-wrapper-plugin ... do we still have to point out the related files in the LICENSE and NOTICE files?

Chris

I have archived the donated project at Takari and updated the README to point everyone to Apache:

https://github.com/takari/maven-wrapper

jvz

> On Dec 18, 2021, at 5:52 AM, Hervé Boutemy <hb...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache Maven Wrapper, version 3.1.0.
>
> The Maven Wrapper is an easy way to ensure a user of your Maven build has everything necessary to run your Maven build.
>
> This is the first release of this project in its Apache Maven new home: it was previously maintained by community at https://github.com/takari/maven-wrapper and was kindly donated to the Maven team. Thank you to all people who permitted this.
>
> See https://maven.apache.org/wrapper/ for instructions on how to use this updated Maven Wrapper.
>
> You can download the appropriate sources etc. from the download page:
>
> https://maven.apache.org/wrapper/download.cgi
>

> Release Notes - Maven Wrapper - Version 3.1.0
>
> ** Bug
>    * [MWRAPPER-18] - using MVNW_REPOURL, wrong Maven version is downloaded
>    * [MWRAPPER-19] - maven-wrapper DefaultDownloader does not parse user/password correctly
>    * [MWRAPPER-20] - Maven Wrapper creates empty file when it fails behind proxy 407
>    * [MWRAPPER-22] - maven-wrapper on windows
>    * [MWRAPPER-25] - fix installer messages
>    * [MWRAPPER-37] - restore MVNW_REPOURL support for wrapper plugin
>
> ** New Feature
>    * [MWRAPPER-28] - add mvnwDebug* scripts
>
> ** Improvement
>    * [MWRAPPER-24] - mvnw calls which(1) which is an external command
>    * [MWRAPPER-27] - rework mvnw* scripts to better match mvn* from Maven 3.8
>    * [MWRAPPER-29] - Project should build successfully with verify lifecycle
>    * [MWRAPPER-30] - Add help mojo
>    * [MWRAPPER-31] - Get rid of maven-artifact-transfer
>    * [MWRAPPER-32] - Use Maven core component in provided scope
>
> ** Wish
>    * [MWRAPPER-26] - install binary by default to match older user
> experience
>
> ** Task
>    * [MWRAPPER-14] - Make maven wrapper functional
>    * [MWRAPPER-17] - IP-CLEARANCE for Maven Wrapper
>    * [MWRAPPER-34] - use Java 7 for maven-wrapper-plugin and maven-wrapper.jar
>    * [MWRAPPER-35] - don't copy mvnwDebug* scripts by default
>

> Enjoy,
>
> -The Apache Maven team

Jason

Re: [ANN] Apache Maven Wrapper 3.1.0 Released

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@vanzyl.ca>.
I have archived the donated project at Takari and updated the README to point everyone to Apache:

https://github.com/takari/maven-wrapper

jvz

> On Dec 18, 2021, at 5:52 AM, Hervé Boutemy <hb...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache Maven Wrapper, version 3.1.0.
>
> The Maven Wrapper is an easy way to ensure a user of your Maven build has everything necessary to run your Maven build.
>
> This is the first release of this project in its Apache Maven new home: it was previously maintained by community at https://github.com/takari/maven-wrapper and was kindly donated to the Maven team. Thank you to all people who permitted this.
>
> See https://maven.apache.org/wrapper/ for instructions on how to use this updated Maven Wrapper.
>
> You can download the appropriate sources etc. from the download page:
>
> https://maven.apache.org/wrapper/download.cgi
>

> Release Notes - Maven Wrapper - Version 3.1.0
>
> ** Bug
>    * [MWRAPPER-18] - using MVNW_REPOURL, wrong Maven version is downloaded
>    * [MWRAPPER-19] - maven-wrapper DefaultDownloader does not parse user/password correctly
>    * [MWRAPPER-20] - Maven Wrapper creates empty file when it fails behind proxy 407
>    * [MWRAPPER-22] - maven-wrapper on windows
>    * [MWRAPPER-25] - fix installer messages
>    * [MWRAPPER-37] - restore MVNW_REPOURL support for wrapper plugin
>
> ** New Feature
>    * [MWRAPPER-28] - add mvnwDebug* scripts
>
> ** Improvement
>    * [MWRAPPER-24] - mvnw calls which(1) which is an external command
>    * [MWRAPPER-27] - rework mvnw* scripts to better match mvn* from Maven 3.8
>    * [MWRAPPER-29] - Project should build successfully with verify lifecycle
>    * [MWRAPPER-30] - Add help mojo
>    * [MWRAPPER-31] - Get rid of maven-artifact-transfer
>    * [MWRAPPER-32] - Use Maven core component in provided scope
>
> ** Wish
>    * [MWRAPPER-26] - install binary by default to match older user experience
>
> ** Task
>    * [MWRAPPER-14] - Make maven wrapper functional
>    * [MWRAPPER-17] - IP-CLEARANCE for Maven Wrapper
>    * [MWRAPPER-34] - use Java 7 for maven-wrapper-plugin and maven-wrapper.jar
>    * [MWRAPPER-35] - don't copy mvnwDebug* scripts by default
>

> Enjoy,
>
> -The Apache Maven team

Jason