Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Frank Staszak <fs...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/10 16:31:40 UTC

Spark Streaming Kafka

Hi All, I’m new to streaming avro records and am parsing Avro from a Kafka direct stream with spark streaming 2.1.1, I was wondering if anyone could please suggest an API for decoding Avro records with Scala? I’ve found KafkaAvroDecoder, twitter/bijection and the Avro library, each seem to handle decoding, has anyone found benefits in terms of using one over the other (for decoding)? It would seem preferable to just retrieve the avro schema from the schema registry then translate the avro records to a case class, is this the preferred method to decode avro using the KafkaAvroDecoder?

Thank you in advance,
-Frank