Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Awasum Yannick <aw...@apache.org> on 2019/07/07 21:37:00 UTC

Fineract JIRA: Assigning issues.

Hi All,

I wonder if we could make the process of assigning an issue to someone
other than yourself on Fineract JIRA?

There are cases where issues have been fixed in the past and we need to
assign that to the right person when closing these issues...

Does anyone have an idea on what to do to make it easy to search and assign
anyone on Issues?

I noticed this a few times..

Thanks
Awasum

Re: Fineract JIRA: Assigning issues.

Posted by Awasum Yannick <aw...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 1:20 PM Santosh Math <sa...@confluxtechnologies.com>
wrote:

> Hi Awasum,
> Whenever ticket is raised , it's assigned to developer/coder first so that
> he can get notification to work on it. Once it's 'Resolved' , then the same
> ticket is assigned QA so that QA person get notification that he can start
> QA on that. After QA , if the ticket is not properly resolved , then QA
> person will assign it back to developer with comments. If it is resolved,
> the QA person will close the ticket.
> Assigning a ticket is part of the workflow . There is nothing to do with
> taking credit or not.

Yeah, this makes sense too. I did not understand why you do it that way.
Thanks for the explanation.

My main problem was to be able to track the Developers who fix issues.. and
also who does QA all at once. Thats important information for the PMC.

Myrle seems to have a way to fix this.

Posted by Mohit Sinha <mo...@gmail.com>.
Yes.
It works now

Thanks.

Posted by Awasum Yannick <aw...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

Will someone having more permission on JIRA edit our permissions to allow
nay logged in JIRA user to be able to assign issues to themselves?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/project-config/FINERACT/permissions

There is really no need to keep adding people to contributor role before
they can be assigned to issues. it should be free for anyone to assigne
themselves to issues.

What do you think? Should we take this to Infra for help?

Posted by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>.

Posted by Awasum Yannick <aw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch>.

Posted by Mohit Sinha <mo...@gmail.com>.