Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "chetankumar2711@gmail.com" <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/21 18:26:25 UTC

Huge number of ActiveMQ Connection Executor threads post broker bounce

I have recently started experiencing this problem where whenever I am
bouncing the ActiveMQ broker, after restart, I can see large no. of ActiveMQ
Connection Executor threads which were not present before bounce and all of
them will have same stack trace with "Waiting" state. And if I bounce the
broker one more time, the no. of these threads will grow again, sometimes,
after 2 subsequent bounces I can see 600+ such threads in the JVisualVM. It
leads to a situation, where my queues will stop dequeueing completely,
sometime it will show a nativeoutofmemory error in AMQ logs as well. I am
pasting some details below, which may allow you to understand my problem
better. I would appreciate if someone can provide any details/advice about
this problem.

ActiveMQversion: 5.9
Broker Type(Embedded within Jetty)
Tool used to bounce the broker: JConsole
Error observed:Exception in thread "ActiveMQ BrokerService[localhost]
Task-745" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Failed to create a thread: retVal
-1073741830, errno 11
Stack trace for stale AciveMQ connection executor threads:"ActiveMQ
Connection Executor: vm://localhost#8" - Thread t@1056899
   java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING
	at sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)
	- parking to wait for <3a2e3a2e> (a
java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject)
	at java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.park(LockSupport.java:182)
	at
java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.await(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1998)
	at
java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue.take(LinkedBlockingQueue.java:410)
	at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.getTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:958)
	at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:738)

   Locked ownable synchronizers:
	- None

Thanks in advance