Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Jim Wise <jw...@draga.com> on 2014/05/31 23:33:20 UTC

Migration from JSPWiki 2.9 RCSFileProvider

Hello all,

I suspect this may be a FAQ, but I couldn’t find anything about this on the Wiki or mailing list archives.

I have a JSPWiki installation which has been running since August of 2009, using the RCSFileProvider.  I have successfully upgraded the JSPWiki installation several times, and have migrated successfully across underlying OS platforms and Java Web environments.  I am currently running JSPWiki 2.9.1 on RHEL 6, under Tomcat.

To date, I have been using RCSFileProvider for this installation, and have accumulated nearly five years of history in this provider.

Given the removal of RCSFileProvider in 2.10, I am looking for recommendations for migration strategy.  In particular:

* Is there a migration path from the JSPWiki 2.9 RCSFileProvider to the JSPWiki 2.10 VersioningFileProvider which preserves page history, including users and modification timestamps on historical revisions (this is the important question, as this is blocking upgrade to the current version)?

* Is there another page provider which you would recommend, in place of VersioningFileProvider, assuming my goal is to support versioning, with preservation of modification timestamps and modifying user over the next N years of this JSPWiki installation?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations,
--
				Jim Wise
				jwise@draga.com

Re: Migration from JSPWiki 2.9 RCSFileProvider

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jim,

glad you could perform the migration :-)
https://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org/Wiki.jsp?page=RCS%20File%20provider is a
little bit scarce right now, so please feel free to add in there any
pointers, comments or steps that you think should be stated when using the
provider / migration utility class. Every documentation enhacenment is
always welcome!

thx + br,
juan pablo

Posted by Jim Wise <jw...@draga.com>.