Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Thomas Meier <th...@fastmail.fm> on 2005/04/17 19:45:13 UTC

post request cleanup problems

Hi list,
I'm running a tapestry webapp on JBoss and recently getting the
following exception sometimes:

17:44:51,781 WARN  [AbstractEngine] Exception during post-request cleanup.
ClientAbortException:  java.net.SocketException: Software caused
connection abort: socket write error
17:44:51,781 INFO  [STDOUT] Exception during post-request cleanup.
17:44:51,781 INFO  [STDOUT]

      Session id: F02E7A1C8D700AB994E7F2206425AFC6
  Client address: 127.0.0.1

This is appearing since I was playing around with switching the Locale
and introduced the following call in my locale switching handler:
getPage().getRequestCycle().cleanup();

I'm not familiar what exactly goes on under the hood when calling this,
but appearently it returns the current page back to the pool in order to
apply the newly selected Locale.

The exception isn't thrown directly after switching the Locale / calling
IRequestCycle.cleanup(), but a while after I have switched Locales.
Now this exception doesn't seem to have an effect on anything,
everything is still running fine. However I don't really like having
exceptions thrown during runtime. Does anyone have an idea if there is a
better way to solve applying the Locale directly, or is there a way to
avoid the post cleanup problems?

Cheers
Tom