Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@qosina.com> on 1996/07/22 18:10:46 UTC

Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "denied ips allowed access to directory listing" on Linux (fwd)

Ack.

> Hi again...
>
> found the problem...:
>
> For the URL /~felicity/t/, this is the .htaccess file:
>
> -------------
> indexignore *
> #errordocument 403 /~felicity/movies.html
>
> <Limit GET POST>
> order deny,allow
> deny from all
> allow from 130.215.
> </Limit>
> -------------
>

> In the main access.conf file (where the problem exists...), if I have:
>
> -------------
> <location /~*/>
> Options  SymLinksIfOwnerMatch includes indexes
> allowoverride AuthConfig Indexes Limit
>
> <Limit GET POST>
> order allow,deny
> allow from all
> deny from none
> </Limit>
> </location>
> --------------
>
> I can get the index of the directory, but not any of the files...  If I
> change the location line to "<directory /u/*>" (home directories are under
> the /u/ directory...), the indexes stop working (correct!)
>
> So basically...  <directory ...> limits both files and server generated
> indexes...  <location ...> only limits files...

> 	       Theo Van Dinter - http://www.kluge.net/~felicity/
>                    DEVICEHIGH:  Your device driver on drugs.

Aram Mirzadeh					awm@qosina.com
Apache httpd team member			awm@apache.org
PGP Key			http://www.qosina.com/~awm/pgpkey.html
Key Sig:      BE 49 9D F6 2A A7 22 FC  02 E9 1E 3D F7 0C 67 A0

Finagle's Fifth Law:
        Always draw your curves, then plot your readings.