Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com> on 2005/06/30 20:45:19 UTC

Determing SchemaTypes which a SchemaType depends on

I am working on pulling out schema fragments for xmlbeans types and
inserting them in a generated wsdl for XFire. I have learned how to
extract the schema from the schema stored on the class path and insert
it into our generated wsdl.  But, I have one last piece that I can not
figure out how to do. I am trying to determine which SchemaTypes a
particular SchemaType depends on.  For isntance say I have a schema
which represents this xml document:

<a:Parent>
  <b:Child>...</b:Child>
  <b:Child>...</b:Child>
</a:Parent>

and say this corresponds to a method on my soap service:

public void sendParent(Parent parent);

When generating my wsdl it is rather easy to determine that Parent is an
XmlBean then extract the schema fragment and insert it into the wsdl.
However, I am looking for a way to query the Parent's SchemaType and
determine that references Child. Any ideas?

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions LLC