Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Ma...@cognizant.com on 2016/04/29 14:07:52 UTC

reagarding working with Ctakes in spanish

Hi,
I am new to cTakes. I want to know how to make cTakes work on medical records that were written in languages other than English like German or Spanish or French. I read in some blogs that we need to retrain the ML Model in specific language and use Spanish dictionaries (to analyze Spanish documents) available in UMLS in order to make cTakes work.  Can you please guide me which ML Models do we need to retrain and do we need to remove any hardcodes? If yes, where do we have to remove?

Thanks
Madhu Prudhvi Raj
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.