Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/01 08:08:51 UTC

Re: [Discussion] Apache Karaf projects for Google Summer of Code 2012

Hey Stephen,

Well, the base idea behind this all is that Karaf is basically able to
reload bundles when specific conditions change automatically (see
dev:watch). In addition we know that you can use exploded bundles with
pax-url in Karaf. The first question is: a) how to wire them together
and b) what of those steps can we do automatically in EIK.

I think the target here should be a live-editing IDE for OSGi. I mean
there will be more tricks like EIK using bnd, configuring the urls,
informing about refreshs, reloading the code into the debugger
correctly, ...

As said, I'm not sure in detail what this means for which parts
(pax-url, karaf, eik) but the more I think about the idea the more I
like it. Think about how much this will boot developer speed in a
proper osgi app allowing correct reload of bundles...

Kind regards,
Andreas

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
>From discussion on IRC:

How do we feel about https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-941
as a GSoC 2012 candidate?

@Stephen, I'd really like to hear your thoughts on Karaf-941 in case
it crosses over with EIK's capabilities.

Cheers,
Jamie

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
Hey Stephen,

Posted by Stephen Evanchik <ev...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andreas,

--
Stephen Evanchik
http://stephen.evanchik.com

Re: [Discussion] Apache Karaf projects for Google Summer of Code 2012

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
Andreas,

Would you like to propose your project idea via karaf's jira? By
labelling the issue with "gsoc2012" in JIRA it will be added to
http://s.apache.org/gsoc2012tasks.

Cheers,
Jamie