Posted to xap-dev@incubator.apache.org by Rinku <ra...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/25 05:26:44 UTC

Setting up XAP project sources under Eclipse

Greetings,

I have very recently joined this list and toying around with XAP
sources. Wondering if someone can guide me on how to set up project(s)
under Eclipse for XAP.

Sorry if I am jumping the gun here, but I couldn't find any mail
archives or instructions on the website. Appreciate any pointers.

Thanks in advance,

Rahul

RE: Setting up XAP project sources under Eclipse

Posted by James Margaris <jm...@nexaweb.com>.
Hi Rahul, I'm not 100% sure what you are looking for but I can try to help.

In Eclipse I have all of XAP checked out to one project. I use JSEclipse for editing the javascript files.I use the command line and ANT to do any building.

The build script requires ANT and Java. JSUnit requires a Perl install (see the JSUnit page for more) and Java 1.5, so that is the Java you probably want to use.

So my Eclipse project is very bare-bones, it's just a generic project. I use eclipse only for editing and for SVN.

I'm not sure if that is the specific information you are looking for, hopefully that helps, if not let me know what you were looking for.

James Margaris