Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "thomas@jet" <th...@jet.st> on 2001/06/05 14:43:03 UTC

Cocoon 2.0a7 + Tomcat 3.2.2 as NT service... possible ??

Hi,
I'm been struggling for some 5 hours now without success trying to get Cocoon 2.0a7 going
under a Tomcat 3.2.2 Win NT-service, but I can for my life not figure out what the problem is.

In console mode everything works great (startup.bat) and the usual JSP stuff under
Tomcat even does fine when running as a service, but Cocoon completely phucks up.

I get some 100 lines in "jvm.stderr" and "server.log" with debugging enabled, but unfortunately
I am not man enough to make any sense out of it apart from seeing a set of nulls as no-good.

SAXParserFactory: null
DocumentBuilderFactory: null
--

urls behave like;
/cocoon/welcome  << blank page

Has anyone managed to get a similar setup working or has a clue what might the problem..
I know my Apache and the usual DSOs, but I am kindof new to these servlet APIs.

any help appreciated.

Thomas.
thomas@jet.st

SV: Cocoon 2.0a7 + Tomcat 3.2.2 as NT service... possible ??

Posted by "thomas@jet" <th...@jet.st>.
Thanks John !!

I had already renamed Tomcats's parser.jar >> zparser.jar as the 2.0 docs instructed
But just by switching the path order of zparser.jar and xerces.jar,
made things suddenly WORK splendid.

...I could never ever have figured this one out on my own...
Thanks again man!

thomas.

Posted by John Schult <sc...@corp.earthlink.net>.