Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Rui Wang <ru...@google.com> on 2018/10/19 22:29:23 UTC

[DISCUSS] Move beam_SeedJob notifications to another email address

Hi Community,

I have seen some Jenkins build failure/back-to-normal emails in dev@ in
last several months. Seems to me that this setting is coded in
https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/.test-infra/jenkins/job_00_seed.groovy#L100
.

In the link above, the comment says the seed job is very important so the
notification emails should be sent to dev@.

I am wondering if this is still true that we always want to see such
notifications in dev@? If such notifications have become spams to dev@, can
we move it to either commits@ or another dedicated email address (maybe
create a new one)?

-Rui

Re: [DISCUSS] Move beam_SeedJob notifications to another email address

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.
I took a peek and the seed job seemed a bit different than the test jobs
that use PostCommitJobBuilder to construct their normal & _PR variants. I
didn't see how to appropriately plug in the helper code after 5 minutes of
reading. But I am probably just a bit unfamiliar with the refactoring and
the funky groovy style of the Jenkins scripts.

Kenn

Posted by Scott Wegner <sw...@google.com>.

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.