Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Stefan Traby <st...@hello-penguin.com> on 2004/02/11 22:32:48 UTC

configuration parsing problem httpd-2.0.48/mod_perl 1.99_12

Hi !

I tracked down my config-parsing problem so it's easy
to reproduce.

Here a complete system-independent httpd.conf:

ServerName google.com
<VirtualHost *>
  <Perl>
  </Perl>
</VirtualHost>

<IfDefine foo>
  <Perl>
  </Perl>
</IfDefine>

<Perl>
</Perl>

Here what it does:

[0]--(22:27:59)-(root@stefan)-(~)-> httpd -t -Dfoo
Syntax OK
[0]--(22:28:04)-(root@stefan)-(~)-> httpd -t
Syntax error on line 8 of /usr/websys/conf/httpd.conf:
Expected </Perl>> but saw </Perl>
[1]--(22:28:08)-(root@stefan)-(~)->

Have fun fixing this :)

It is cool in real-world because I use  "-DSSL".

"apachectrl sslstart" works, but you can't stop httpd
using apachectrl... :)

--

  ciao -
    Stefan

Re: configuration parsing problem httpd-2.0.48/mod_perl 1.99_12

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@cpan.org>.
On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 22:32 +0100, Stefan Traby wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I tracked down my config-parsing problem so it's easy
> to reproduce.

Thanks for the tracking down. It seems even something as simple as:

<IfDefine foo>
<Perl>
</Perl>
</Ifdefine>

Will cause this problem. It's a bug in httpd's configuration parser, and
is closely related to this bug:

I am looking at it right now.