Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Hervé Eychenne <rv...@eychenne.org> on 2004/06/14 18:23:52 UTC

analyze header only

 Hi,

He is what makes me come to you today.
I use POP3 or IMAP to get email from my provider, and I (like everyone
here) get tons of spam.
So, in order to avoid wasting my bandwidth with useless data, I would like
to filter spam as early as possible.
Of course, I have no access to my provider's machine, so I would like
to use a spam perl program that would do the following:
- connect to the pop3 or imap server
- download only the header of messages
- perform a spam analysis on the header only
- decide what to do (delete, forward, download) based on the score

So, it would require that spamassassin has a --header-only option,
that would perform tests based on the header only.
As far as I can see, such an option does not seem to exist
currently... am I wrong?

I know that such an analysis would be less accurate that the one based
on the whole message (body included), but I think that the header-only
tests would already be an interesting thing to do as a first
filtering operation (before filtering more efficiently after
download).
What do you think?

 Herve

--