Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Phi-Long LE <ph...@cp.finances.gouv.fr> on 2007/07/09 15:50:21 UTC

JSP precompilation

hi there,

currently, the project I work on, we deploy our application simply using
tar file, now testing tomcat, we would use war file... that's ok for
that.... in a meantime on our current production platform (iplanet) we
precompile JSP and create an other tar file... what is then the best
practise using tomcat ?

should we create a war file including precompiled jsp or should we
deploy the Webapp using Tomcat and then precompile JSP ? what is the
most efficient way ?

any help or advice would be really appreciated,

Phi-Long

RE: JSP precompilation

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Have you looked at the Tomcat doc on the subject?

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jasper-howto.html#Web%20Applicat
ion%20Compilation

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: JSP precompilation

Posted by Phi-Long LE <ph...@cp.finances.gouv.fr>.
Well... I don't gonna keep in mind the third option... obviously obvious
isn't it ? ;-)

Re: JSP precompilation

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.