Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Bill Hastings <bl...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/24 20:55:33 UTC

sorting columns by time

Hi All

I have a requirement where I need to have my columns sorted by the creation
time. However I would like to have my own naming scheme for the columns and
not use TimeUUID as column names. Please advice as to how I can achieve
this in Cassandra as this has been pretty confusing to me.

Re: sorting columns by time

Posted by "Hiller, Dean" <De...@nrel.gov>.
Send the naming scheme you desire.  Is long time since epoch ok?  Or a composite name of time since epoch + (something else)

Dean

From: Bill Hastings <bl...@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, June 24, 2013 12:55 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<ma...@cassandra.apache.org>" <us...@cassandra.apache.org>>