Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Jason Wang <ja...@soprano.com.au> on 2007/12/11 04:31:56 UTC

[Axis2]: java2wsdl issue

Hi there,

I'm building a web services using axis2 1.3. I've followd the guides and
tutorials on apache site and it all works fine. But our client comes
back to us saying that they tried to validate the wsdl generated by
java2wsdl using xmlspy and it failed. I looked into the wsdl and it
seems there might be something wrong. Please have a look at the
following codes.

part of the wsdl:

<wsdl:message name="sendmsgRequest">
        <wsdl:part name="parameters" element="ns0:sendmsg"/>
    </wsdl:message>
    <wsdl:message name="sendmsgResponse">
        <wsdl:part name="parameters" element="ns0:sendmsgResponse"/>
    </wsdl:message>
    <wsdl:portType name="CGPWebSMSInterfacePortType">
        <wsdl:operation name="sendmsg">
            <wsdl:input message="ns0:sendmsgRequest"
wsaw:Action="urn:sendmsg"/>
            <wsdl:output message="ns0:sendmsgResponse"
wsaw:Action="urn:sendmsgResponse"/>
        </wsdl:operation>
    </wsdl:portType>
    <wsdl:binding name="CGPWebSMSInterfaceSOAP11Binding"
type="ns0:CGPWebSMSInterfacePortType">
        <soap:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"
style="document"/>
        <wsdl:operation name="sendmsg">
            <soap:operation soapAction="urn:sendmsg" style="document"/>
            <wsdl:input>
                <soap:body use="literal"/>
            </wsdl:input>
            <wsdl:output>
                <soap:body use="literal"/>
            </wsdl:output>
        </wsdl:operation>
    </wsdl:binding>
    <wsdl:binding name="CGPWebSMSInterfaceSOAP12Binding"
type="ns0:CGPWebSMSInterfacePortType">
        <soap12:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"
style="document"/>
        <wsdl:operation name="sendmsg">
            <soap12:operation soapAction="urn:sendmsg"
style="document"/>
            <wsdl:input>
                <soap12:body use="literal"/>
            </wsdl:input>
            <wsdl:output>
                <soap12:body use="literal"/>
            </wsdl:output>
        </wsdl:operation>
    </wsdl:binding>
    <wsdl:binding name="CGPWebSMSInterfaceHttpBinding"
type="ns0:CGPWebSMSInterfacePortType">
        <http:binding verb="POST"/>
        <wsdl:operation name="sendmsg">
            <http:operation location="CGPWebSMSInterface/sendmsg"/>
            <wsdl:input>
                <mime:content type="text/xml" part="sendmsg"/>
            </wsdl:input>
            <wsdl:output>
                <mime:content type="text/xml" part="sendmsg"/>
            </wsdl:output>
        </wsdl:operation>
    </wsdl:binding>

the xmlspy complains about the part="sendmsg" inside mime:content cannot
be found which is true because what's defined in the sendmsgRequest and
sendmsgResponse is parameters. After I changed it to parameters the
validation got through. Is this a bug? If it is not, is there anything
else I need to do when generating the wsdl? Thanks!

Regards,
Jason Wang

Re: [Axis2]: java2wsdl issue

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Seems like a bug to me. Can you create a JIRA issue on this, please?

Thanks,
Chinthaka