Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/08 07:46:09 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.3.1 (RC2)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 1.3.1!

The tag to be voted on is v1.3.1-rc2 (commit 7c4473a):
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=spark.git;a=commit;h=7c4473aa5a7f5de0323394aaedeefbf9738e8eb5

The list of fixes present in this release can be found at:
http://bit.ly/1C2nVPY

http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.3.1-rc2/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1083/

http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.3.1-rc2-docs/

The patches on top of RC1 are:

[SPARK-6737] Fix memory leak in OutputCommitCoordinator
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/5397

[SPARK-6636] Use public DNS hostname everywhere in spark_ec2.py
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/5302

[SPARK-6205] [CORE] UISeleniumSuite fails for Hadoop 2.x test with
NoClassDefFoundError
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/4933

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 1.3.1!

The vote is open until Saturday, April 11, at 07:00 UTC and passes
if a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
http://spark.apache.org/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.3.1 (RC2)

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Built against Hadoop 2.6 and ran some jobs against a pseudo-distributed
YARN cluster.

-Sandy

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Denny Lee <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.
Hey Denny,

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Denny Lee <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tom Graves <tg...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1. Tested on Mac OS X and verified that some of the bugs were fixed.

Matei

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by "York, Brennon" <Br...@capitalone.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Still +1 for me

On 4/9/15, 8:43 AM, "Sean McNamara" <Se...@Webtrends.com> wrote:

>+1 tested on OS X
>
>Sean
>
>> On Apr 7, 2015, at 11:46 PM, Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark
>>version 1.3.1!
>>
>> The tag to be voted on is v1.3.1-rc2 (commit 7c4473a):
>>
>>https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=spark.git;a=commit;h=7c4473aa5a
>>7f5de0323394aaedeefbf9738e8eb5
>>
>> The list of fixes present in this release can be found at:
>> http://bit.ly/1C2nVPY
>>
>> The release files, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
>> http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.3.1-rc2/
>>
>> Release artifacts are signed with the following key:
>> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc
>>
>> The staging repository for this release can be found at:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1083/
>>
>> The documentation corresponding to this release can be found at:
>> http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.3.1-rc2-docs/
>>
>> The patches on top of RC1 are:
>>
>> [SPARK-6737] Fix memory leak in OutputCommitCoordinator
>> https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/5397
>>
>> [SPARK-6636] Use public DNS hostname everywhere in spark_ec2.py
>> https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/5302
>>
>> [SPARK-6205] [CORE] UISeleniumSuite fails for Hadoop 2.x test with
>> NoClassDefFoundError
>> https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/4933
>>
>> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 1.3.1!
>>
>> The vote is open until Saturday, April 11, at 07:00 UTC and passes
>> if a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.
>>
>> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 1.3.1
>>
>> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
>> http://spark.apache.org/

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.3.1 (RC2)

Posted by Sean McNamara <Se...@Webtrends.com>.
+1 tested on OS X

Posted by Prashant Sharma <sc...@gmail.com>.
+1 tested locally on linux.

Prashant Sharma

Posted by GuoQiang Li <wi...@qq.com>.
+1 (non-binding)‍

Posted by Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>.
-1 (binding)

We just were alerted to a pretty serious regression since 1.3.0 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-6851).  Should have a fix
shortly.

Michael

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Denny Lee <de...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Tested Scala, SparkSQL, and MLLib on OSX against Hadoop 2.6

Posted by Joseph Bradley <jo...@databricks.com>.

Posted by Krishna Sankar <ks...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding, of course)