Posted to user@aries.apache.org by Dominik Przybysz <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/19 20:28:20 UTC

[HEADS UP] Re: New release of blueprint-maven-plugin

Hi,
I would like to extract spring handlers to separate artifact before the
next release and release maven-blueprint-plugin with dependency to new jar
maven-blueprint-plugin-spring-handlers.

Why? It is because if you want to use spring annotations, then you should
use gemini-blueprint. We should drop support for spring annotations in next
major version (but keep spring handlers jar as possible to explicitly add).

I hope I will have time to extract spring handlers in next week. If there
will not be other issues for plugin, then I will release it around begin or
middle of may.

--
Pozdrawiam / Regards,
Dominik Przybysz

RE: [HEADS UP] Re: New release of blueprint-maven-plugin

Posted by Andrei Shakirin <as...@talend.com>.
Hi Dominik,

Generally I would keep option to proceed Spring annotations for legacy projects and projects using single codebase for multiple deployments (for example Spring Boot and Karaf).
As far as such option will be available through the additional plugin dependency, it is OK for me.
Release in begin and middle of May is fine.

Regards,
Andrei.