Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Ramaswamy, Muthu" <mr...@gers.com> on 2005/02/05 00:19:55 UTC

Use of JDO and JTA with EJB.

Hi All-

I am new to Apache OJB/JDO and trying to use JDO support within Session Beans in Websphere 5.1 using JTA/Container Managed Transaction.

(a) Could someone provide me a sample repository.xml and OJB.properties for use inside EJB container? A sample code snippet would also help.

Here is my current setup for the jdbc-connection:

<jdbc-connection-descriptor
   jcd-alias="default"
   default-connection="true"
   platform="Oracle"
   jdbc-level="2.0"
   batch-mode="false"
   useAutoCommit="0"
   ignoreAutoCommitExceptions="false"
   jndi-datasource-name="jdbc/c1Datasource">
</jdbc-connection-descriptor>

Also, what OJB properties that I must set for use with EJB/Managed Container Solution?

(b) Can I use Container Managed Transaction? Is it supported by Apache OJB? I prefer not to use tx.begin() and tx.commit calls.

Appreciate your input. Thanks.

-Muthu

Re: Use of JDO and JTA with EJB.

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Muthu,

currently you can't use the OJB-JDO prototype in managed enviroments,
because JTA integration is not supported (so JDO can't participate in
JTA-tx).
I recommend to use another open-source JDO implementation.

Brian recommends JPOX

regards,
Armin