Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mike Duffy <md...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/16 07:51:25 UTC

Nested Tags - Form Beans - scope="session"

Is it true that form beans for nested tags must have scope="session"?

Thanks.

Mike

Re: Nested Tags - Form Beans - scope="session"

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
No.  I assume the reason why you are asking is because you have seen
that many users do put form beans with nested beans in session scope.
This is because the nested beans have to be there in the form when the
http submit comes back in, otherwise struts won't save the indexed
properties from the request to the beans (since they're not there).

I use nested but don't use session scope - I put a hidden field in the
html saying how many nested beans there are, and then create them in the
form's reset method.