Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Patrick Carl <pa...@web.de> on 2005/11/29 16:38:41 UTC

TRQS91: Order by fields can not be null

Hi,

in my current project I'm suffering from the bug (http://issues.apache.org/scarab/issues/id/TRQS91):
It is not possible to use fields which contain null values in order by clauses because will not return
the result elements which have a null value in the column used for ordering.

Has anybody a hint for me where to look for the bug? Is it still in Torque or do I need to dig into
the village code?

Thanks, Patrick

--
Patrick Carl
mailto: patrick.carl@web.de

RE: TRQS91: Order by fields can not be null

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.

Hi,

The SQL to build selects is in Torque. Village only handles the records
which are returned by the query and should not omit any records.
Look in the generated doSelect method and in SQLBuilder class in the Torque
runtime.

But first of all, I would look in the torque debug log, get the query from
there. Perhaps one can see the problem already from the generated sql.

If you found out what is problematic, please add a comment to the issue.

    Thomas