Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Matthew Runo <mr...@zappos.com> on 2009/04/08 19:18:08 UTC

Field Collapsing Patch

Hello folks -

Is anyone using the Field Collapsing patch from SOLR-236 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-236
) in their production environment? We're considering using it, but
wanted to ensure it was at a point where it could be used before
spending a lot of time on it.

Any thoughts on the patch / issue? Any reasons not to use it?

Thanks for your time!

Matthew Runo
Software Engineer, Zappos.com
mruno@zappos.com - 702-943-7833

Re: Field Collapsing Patch

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
I know of a company that used it, but then determined it was this component that was slowing down their search.  They might have modified it some, too, I don't recall now.

 Otis