Posted to user@struts.apache.org by albertooi <al...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/25 16:59:23 UTC

Struts2 UI Tag HTML Compliance?

Anyone aware if the Struts2 UI tags are HTML compliant? Which version of HTML
Specs?  E.g 4.x?  Need to ascertain which browser is supported if struts2 ui
tags are being used.

Re: Struts2 UI Tag HTML Compliance?

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.
albertooi wrote:
> Anyone aware if the Struts2 UI tags are HTML compliant? Which version of HTML
> Specs?  E.g 4.x?  Need to ascertain which browser is supported if struts2 ui
> tags are being used.

generally html 4.x but I don't think they validate. Definitely not
xhtml, no features of 5.x.

More importantly, the "xhtml theme" uses tables for layout, the
"css_xhtml theme" uses divs, spans and css2 for layout, the "simple
theme" outputs plain-old html 4 with no markup for layout and you can
customize the theme for every tag.

Hope that helps.
Jeromy Evans