Posted to user@struts.apache.org by flare <fl...@flare.it> on 2002/02/10 12:38:21 UTC

FormFile questions

I've a classic from where users can insert name, last name etc.. and a photo, everything
is ok but:
1 - the file is uploaded before the form is validated, so may happen one should wait a
couple of minutes before knowing the data inserted is not valid (okok I know that's not a
struts issue ;)
2 - when the actionForm is populated after the error, the file-upload field does not
contain the file name but a cryptic "org.apache.struts.upload.DiskFile@xxxxx xx"

well I know I can fix both problem using Javascript validation (and I probably do so) but I
would like to know how to solve at least the second problem

 thanx