Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by puneetjain <pu...@wipro.com> on 2008/02/01 20:18:40 UTC

facing problem in deploying war file on Geronimo

Hi,

I am facing a problem while deploying sample mule-examples.war in Geronimo.

Environment:
=========

Mule 1.4.3
Geronimo-tomcat6-jee5-2.0.2
JDK 1.5
WindowsXP

Step Perform:
=========

1. I have built the example war file.
2. I have deployed Mule JCA on Geronimo.
3. I m trying to deploy the mule-examples.war file on geronimo is thorw
bellow exception:

23:29:30,672 ERROR [[/PerfTester2]]
org.mule.util.StringUtils.defaultIfEmpty(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.mule.util.StringUtils.defaultIfEmpty(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;
        at
org.mule.providers.AbstractConnector.getReceiverKey(AbstractConnector.java:813)
        at
org.mule.providers.AbstractConnector.getReceiver(AbstractConnector.java:1094)
        at
org.mule.providers.AbstractConnector.registerListener(AbstractConnector.java:786)
        at
org.mule.impl.model.AbstractComponent.registerListeners(AbstractComponent.java:539)
        at
org.mule.impl.model.AbstractComponent.start(AbstractComponent.java:217)
        at
org.mule.impl.model.AbstractComponent.start(AbstractComponent.java:204)
        at org.mule.impl.model.AbstractModel.start(AbstractModel.java:323)
23:29:30,797 ERROR [[/PerfTester2]] Exception sending context initialized
event to listener instance of class
org.mule.config.builders.MuleXmlBuilderContextListener
[...]
        at org.mule.MuleManager.start(MuleManager.java:892)
        at
org.mule.config.builders.MuleXmlConfigurationBuilder.configure(MuleXmlConfigurationBuilder.java:278)

Please help me to resolve my problem.

Thanks,
Puneet

Re: facing problem in deploying war file on Geronimo

Posted by puneetjain <pu...@wipro.com>.
Hi Kevan,

The problem of not deploying mule on geronino on Linux machine is resolved
now.
Actually the problem was not in deploying the mule. The port 1099 was
already in use by some other process so Geronimo couldnt bind the port 1099
for rmi connection and throw exception at startup.

Problem is resolved now and mule is deployed in Geronimo and running.

Thanks for your precious time and assistance.

Regards,
Puneet

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Looks like your server did not start since port 9999 is already in use.  So,
your deployer is unable to connect to the server.  Make sure that port 9999
is not in use before starting the server.  You may use the command "netstat
-na" to see which ports are already in use.  Or you may edit
var/config/config-substitutions.properties to change PortOffset (for e.g. to
10)so that there is no port conflict and then start the server.  If you used
PortOffset to resolve port conflict, you will have to give --host and --port
parameters when running the deployer.  The command would be something like
the following:
bin/deploy.sh --host localhost --port 1109 deploy
mule-examples.war<deployment-plan-file-name>

Here the port number is 1099 + PortOffset.  With PortOffset of 10 it will be
1109.  In this case your HTTP Port will be 8090.

++Vamsi

Posted by puneetjain <pu...@wipro.com>.
Hi Kevan,

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.