Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by ap...@dsl.pipex.com on 2003/09/02 19:20:55 UTC

Request Parameters are missing!

Using my own custom webdav servlet, I have implemented a method to handle
POSTs for use with a property-based search facility on the store.  I have a
JSP page in which the user will enter the search terms, and then the webdav
servlet will handle the submit form-action.  In the doPost() method, I am
trying to retrieve the parameters from the request a Hashtable created using
HttpServletRequest.getParameterMap() .  Only problem is, it is coming up with
no parameters at all, and a debug check on the Hashtable shows it as empty.

I don't know whether this problem can be rooted to the fact that in the
WebdavServlet.service() method, the HttpServletRequest and HttpServletResponse
objects are changed into XHttpServletRequestFacade and XHttpResponseFacade
objects respectively.  I am passing these converted objects to doPost() which
is ready to accept simple unconverted HttpServletRequest etc objects.  I have
tried changing the doPost() method so it takes the 'X' facade objects as
parameters, but then I get an error in the browser to the tune of "This URL
does not accept POST" when the servlet is invoked.

Any ideas will be welcomed as usual...

regards
stu

Re: Request Parameters are missing! SOLVED

Posted by ap...@dsl.pipex.com.
It was a JSP problem... The form was not layed out properly.