Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Venkata B Nagothi <na...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/19 01:39:28 UTC

Kafka streaming from RDBMS to RDBMS

Hi Kafka Community,

I would like to know if KAFKA can stream out the data including large
objects (with images and videos - traditionally known as BLOBs) from one
RDBMS system to other with better performance ?

Is it something KAFKA is good at ?

I understand that KAFKA can do it and would like to know how better is it
compared to traditional ETLs.

I have used ETLs like Talend or similar to migrate Data from one RDBMS to
other, i am looking at an option which is more real-time and faster with
better performance. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Venkata B N
Database Consultant