Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Mark Frost <mf...@hemscott.co.uk> on 2002/07/25 17:30:04 UTC

Using log4j and servlet logs

Hello

We use log4j extensively in our system along with Unify's ServletExec as our
servlet engine.

Is there any way of using a log4j appender to write to the ServletExec log
using the standard method GenericServlet.log(String) ?

This is a member method of the servlet so some how the appender would need a
reference to the servlet itself.

The reason we want to do this is that the GenericServlet.log() method is
said to be the preferred way of logging whilst in a highly threaded servlet
engine yet we don't want to change all our existing log4j statements.

I'm doubtful this is possible but if anyone knows that would be great

many thanks

mark

If you are not the intended recipient, you should not copy, retransmit or
use the e-mail and/or files transmitted with it  and should not disclose
their contents. In such a case, please notify netwebmaster@hemscott.co.uk
and delete the message from your own system. Any opinions expressed in this
e-mail and/or files transmitted with it that do not relate to the official
business of this company are those solely of the author and should not be
interpreted as being endorsed by this company.