Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by JoelProminic <jo...@prominic.net> on 2017/05/15 20:30:58 UTC

Moonshine 1.4.0 Release

I am pleased to announce that Moonshine 1.4.0 has been released at
http://moonshine-ide.com/ and on the App Store.

This release was focused mostly on adding some more common IDE features,
including:
- Command-Click to go to the definition for a variable, function, or class
- View code problems in a list or by in-line highlighting
- Find all references for a variable, function, or class.
- List and search all definitions in a file or project

We also added code-completion support for FlexJS 0.8.0 nightly builds.

Let us know if you encounter any issues with the update.

Re: Moonshine 1.4.0 Release

Posted by JoelProminic <jo...@prominic.net>.
The Moonshine App Store Helper application is supposed to launch
automatically after the installer completes, but it seems that this is
currently broken.  For now, please launch the application manually.

This application will download Flex 4.15.0, FlexJS 0.7.0, and Ant 1.10.1 to
~/Downloads/Moonshine SDKs, so that they can be automatically configured by
Moonshine.   If you wish to use copies of the SDKs that you downloaded
yourself, they will need to be placed in ~/Downloads because of a sandbox
limitation.

Peter Ent-2 wrote

Re: Moonshine 1.4.0 Release

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Re: Moonshine 1.4.0 Release

Posted by Andrew Wetmore <co...@gmail.com>.
Joel, I sent you a private email offering to do an edit review of the
website. There are a lot of little errors of grammar, capitalization, and
word choice. I work as a freelance editor but I am offering this for free
as my contribution to your estimable project.

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 1:53 PM, Nemi <ne...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On your website, "Latest Version" button is not working, or it is not a
> button? It is confusing.
> If it is not a button, make it not look like button near by.
> If it is a button, why don't you link it to latest win or mac, like links
> below?
> <http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.
> com/file/n61693/screenshot_b538edafe7d04ff788a46901fe5a1e9b.png>
>
> Also, grammar thing, but it matters, why uppercase for "... Version", "...
> Notes", "... Download" ?
> English and German are not my native language, but as far as I know, only
> in
> German language one writes nouns always with first letter uppercase
> (capitalization).

Andrew Wetmore

http://cottage14.blogspot.com/

Re: Moonshine 1.4.0 Release

Posted by JoelProminic <jo...@prominic.net>.
Nemi wrote
> On your website, "Latest Version" button is not working, or it is not a
> button? It is confusing.
> If it is not a button, make it not look like button near by.
> If it is a button, why don't you link it to latest win or mac, like links
> below?
<http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/n61693/screenshot_b538edafe7d04ff788a46901fe5a1e9b.png>

> Also, grammar thing, but it matters, why uppercase for "... Version", "...
> Notes", "... Download" ?
> English and German are not my native language, but as far as I know, only
> in German language one writes nouns always with first letter uppercase
> (capitalization).

The "Latest Version" button is actually a tab.  You can click on "Archived
Versions" to change the link list, and "Latest Version" to change back.  I
agree that this is a confusing design, though, so we'll look into fixing it.

Thanks for the offer, Andrew, I'll respond privately.

Re: Moonshine 1.4.0 Release

Re: Moonshine 1.4.0 Release

Posted by JoelProminic <jo...@prominic.net>.
Nemi wrote
> It asks me to set/fix FlexJS SDK, but I already set it:
>
> ---
>
> And can't click on white X to close it, so one must click "Continue
> without Code Completition" although it is properly set in SDK list...
>
> ---
>
> Oh, and now "Continue without Code Completition" button doesn't work. Now
> I am trapped, can't remove that alert/popup window.

We are already working on improving the setup process for Windows Moonshine,
so this shouldn't be a problem in the next release.

In my test, I was able to click "Continue without Code Completion" after
first defining the SDK.  Then I needed to set a default SDK in the settings
interface before Moonshine was properly configured.  I'm not sure why the
other buttons stopped working for you - I was not able to reproduce this.

Re: Moonshine 1.4.0 Release

Posted by Nemi <ne...@gmail.com>.

Re: Moonshine 1.4.0 Release

Posted by Nemi <ne...@gmail.com>.

Re: Moonshine 1.4.0 Release

Posted by Nemi <ne...@gmail.com>.
It asks me to set/fix FlexJS SDK, but I already set it:
<http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/n61690/Screenshot_3.jpg>

Re: Moonshine 1.4.0 Release

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Yishay,

Try to uninstall and clean up folder in AppData related to Moonshine. I
don't have anymore such problems.
Did you upgrade ?

Thanks, Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: Moonshine 1.4.0 Release

Posted by yishayw <yi...@hotmail.com>.
I see the same problem with 1.5

Re: Moonshine 1.4.0 Release

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Piotr,

I'll be going to registration right away tomorrow at 8am to pick up my
badge. Then, I'll be available for a couple of hours, if you can meet me
somewhere. Let me know!

- Josh

Re: Moonshine 1.4.0 Release

Re: Moonshine 1.4.0 Release

Posted by JoelProminic <jo...@prominic.net>.
yishayw,

It seems that the resolution problem is caused because the default window
height is too tall for your monitor after the scale is applied.   We will
look into making Moonshine more DPI-aware.  In the meantime, you can try
using the WindowsKey-Up command to maximize the application.

I was not able to reproduce the mouse event issues you reported Fullscreen
mode (but I wasn't able to test with scaling).

For the error popup, please check the following:
- In File->Settings->MXMLC Compiler Plugin, check that the default SDK is
set to an appropriate (0.7.0 or 0.8.0) FlexJS SDK.
- Did you define a Java SDK for Moonshine?  If not, you should be prompted
when restarting the application.
- As Josh suggested, check View->Problems View to see if you can find more
information about the error messages.

Re: Moonshine 1.4.0 Release

Posted by yishayw <yi...@hotmail.com>.
It's difficult for me to find the problems view in the current state. Piotrz
will be here later so I'll see if he has insights. Full screen view isn't
working (mouse pointer events are off). Thanks.

Re: Moonshine 1.4.0 Release

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
All those errors in the editor make me think the missing code completion is
just a side effect of a larger issue. What kind of errors are reported in
the Problems view?

- Josh

Re: Moonshine 1.4.0 Release

Posted by yishayw <yi...@hotmail.com>.
Also, code completion opens a small callout, but can't see content.

<http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/n61644/Untitled.png>

Re: Moonshine 1.4.0 Release

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Congratulations!  I hope to try it soon.

-Alex

Re: Moonshine 1.4.0 Release

Posted by Andrew Wetmore <co...@gmail.com>.
I downloaded it, but my anti-spam program (avast!) has put it in quarantine
while it investigates the .exe file. I have not had the problem with past
versions.

Re: Moonshine 1.4.0 Release

Posted by yishayw <yi...@hotmail.com>.

<http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/n61641/Capture.jpg>