Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jason Chaffee <ja...@zilliontv.tv> on 2009/09/11 04:41:00 UTC

turn off javadoc during release

Is there a way to turn off javadoc execution during release:perform? I
using -Dgoals=deploy, but javadoc execution is still happening.

I need to turn it off because it is causing the release to fail.  I
don't have time to debug the javadoc failure on an internal dependency
that does not need javadocs released.

This is extremely frustrating...

regards,

Jason

Re: turn off javadoc during release

Posted by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com>.
I don't know if this helps but we put our javadocs plugin inside of a
profile so it only runs if we activate the profile.  We actually do
the reverse of what you desire...we always include the profile on CI
builds but not on local developer builds because it takes too long and
we just don't need docs that often.

-Dave

Posted by Jason Chaffee <ja...@zilliontv.tv>.
Thanks!

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Please don't cross-post.

Posted by Jason Chaffee <ja...@zilliontv.tv>.
Thanks.  this is what I did.

However, this is not ideal.

I am running release using the reactor on about 100 projects and I
really one want to not to javadoc on the single project where it is
failing.

Jason

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.

Posted by Tony Chemit <ch...@codelutin.com>.
Le Thu, 10 Sep 2009 19:41:00 -0700,
Jason Chaffee <ja...@zilliontv.tv> a écrit :

> Is there a way to turn off javadoc execution during release:perform? I
> using -Dgoals=deploy, but javadoc execution is still happening.
>
> I need to turn it off because it is causing the release to fail.  I
> don't have time to debug the javadoc failure on an internal dependency
> that does not need javadocs released.

from the version 2.5, you can skip the javadoc plugin via the
configuratin property named skip

see

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/jar-mojo.html#skip

> This is extremely frustrating...