Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Boettcher, Henrik" <He...@dbla.com> on 2000/08/30 14:32:02 UTC

BUG

Hi,
it concerns about including jpeg images into a formatted objects file.
I am not sure if it is a bug that you know.

I found in the STATUS file of fop 0.14.0 the following:

3.A third category of tasks is to retire obsolescent objects. The primary
issue
  here seems to be the migration of FOP from officially supporting
  DisplayGraphic and InlineGraphic FO's to officially supporting at least an

  ExternalGraphic FO, and ideally also the InstreamForeignObject FO, the
latter
  aimed at SVG support.

I am a little bit confused because there is a "images.fo" file which is
included in the zip file for fop
distribution which includes the formatting object "external graphic".
Are external graphics supported in fop 0.14.0 ? If not when is it possible
to use external graphics ?
Is there another fo object to include jpg images ?

I got the following mistake by using fop 0.14.0 with the file "images.fo":

D:\Programme\JavaSoft\JRE\1.1\bin>jre -version
Illegal option: -version
Java(tm) Runtime Loader Version 1.1.8_005

D:\Programme\JavaSoft\JRE\1.1\bin>jre -cp fop.jar;xalan.jar;xerces.jar
org.apach
e.fop.apps.CommandLine images.fo images.pdf
FOP-0_14_0
using SAX parser org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
using renderer org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer
using element mapping org.apache.fop.fo.StandardElementMapping
using element mapping org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElementMapping
using property list mapping org.apache.fop.fo.StandardPropertyListMapping
using property list mapping org.apache.fop.svg.SVGPropertyListMapping
building formatting object tree
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.util.Vector:
method
 add(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z not found
        at
        at
org.apache.fop.fo.pagination.RepeatablePageMasterAlternatives.<init>(
RepeatablePageMasterAlternatives.java:94)
        at
org.apache.fop.fo.pagination.RepeatablePageMasterAlternatives$Maker.m
ake(RepeatablePageMasterAlternatives.java:66)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.startElement(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.startElement(Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callStartElement(Com
piled Code)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.disp
atch(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(Compiled
Cod
e)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:861)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.buildFOTree(Driver.java:261)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLine.main(CommandLine.java:183)

regards

Henrik Böttcher
Dresdner Bank Lateinamerika AG
Systemintegration