Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Andy Kurth <an...@ncsu.edu> on 2010/09/20 22:52:36 UTC

Re: [VOTE] release VCL 2.2 - propose RC2

-1

I found a bug in 2.2 RC1 which affects Windows 7/2008 which is preventing KMS
and MAK activation from working correctly.  The output from the "reg.exe QUERY"
command is not being parsed correctly.  Windows 5.x (XP, 2003...) uses tabs
between the fields in the output.  Windows 6.x (7, 2008) uses multiple spaces.
As a result, the registry output for 6.x isn't parsed correctly.  The activation
subroutines depend on this working correctly.

The fix was very small and has been committed to trunk.  I would like to test
things thoroughly tomorrow and propose cutting RC2 on Wednesday and voting again.

Thanks,
Andy

Josh Thompson wrote:

--
Andy Kurth
Virtual Computing Lab

Re: [VOTE] release VCL 2.2 - propose RC2

Posted by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>.
  I agree, this is a hard problem for folks wanting to use win 7.

I retract my +1.

The RC2 should be out later today.

Aaron

--