Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2004/10/08 10:08:04 UTC

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> For "small" projects we have created a common
> projects@incubator.apache.org mailing list.
>
> Over time I haven't seen that a common list is needed, as all common
> requests go to the general mailing list. In essence, it's not working as
> the Jakarta commons mailing list, as because most projects have their
> own dev mailing list. Overmore it seems to be creating confusion in
> users that only some projects are in a separate list.
>
> Therefore I propose that we get rid of it and simply create the usual
> dev and cvs||svn||commits mailing lists for each Incubating Project.

+1

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.
On 08.10.2004, at 10:08, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>> For "small" projects we have created a common
>> projects@incubator.apache.org mailing list.
>> Over time I haven't seen that a common list is needed, as all common
>> requests go to the general mailing list. In essence, it's not working
>> as the Jakarta commons mailing list, as because most projects have
>> their own dev mailing list. Overmore it seems to be creating
>> confusion in users that only some projects are in a separate list.
>> Therefore I propose that we get rid of it and simply create the usual
>> dev and cvs||svn||commits mailing lists for each Incubating Project.
>
> +1

Hmm, if there's really a new home, read a separate list, for the
smaller projects (FtpServer, AltRMI, ?) then +1 - otherwise -0,
especially when they'd have to (mis-)use general@.

Just my 2 cent...

Cheers,
Erik

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
+1

As someone who is sheparding podlings, it seems like busy work to move ongoing discussions from one list to another. There is already enough to do without adding the additional confusion of "which list do we use now".

-Ted.