Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Rohit Rai <ro...@tuplejump.com> on 2014/02/04 15:01:20 UTC

Announcing Calliope releases 0.8.1-GA and 0.9.0-EA

Hi All,

We are glad to announce the General availability of release 0.8.1  built
against Spark 0.8.1 and Scala 2.9.3 and Early access to release 0.9.0 for
Spark 0.9.0 and Scala 2.10.3.

Calliope is our library providing an interface to consume data from
Cassandra to Spark and store RDDs from Spark to Cassandra. It supports
fetching data from the Thrift/Legacy Column families as well as from the
new CQL3 Column Families. And with all the functionality wrapped in easy to
use API, it gives you a great way to start writing Spark + Cassandra
powered Big Data applications.

Checkout http://tuplejump.github.io/calliope/ for getting Calliope and more
information on using it.

Cheers,
Rohit
*Founder & CEO, **Tuplejump, Inc.*
____________________________
www.tuplejump.com
*The Data Engineering Platform*

Re: Announcing Calliope releases 0.8.1-GA and 0.9.0-EA

Posted by Rohit Rai <ro...@tuplejump.com>.
To start the discussion on Calliope core (Spark+Cassandra part of it)
becoming a contrib module in Spark (spark-cassandra) I have opened a issue
on Spark Jira. https://spark-project.atlassian.net/browse/SPARK-1054

Please let us know what you all feel of it... great/good idea/bad
idea/doesn't make sense.... If the idea is accepted what will be the
concerns around the task, etc.

Cheers,
Rohit

*Founder & CEO, **Tuplejump, Inc.*
____________________________

Posted by Rohit Rai <ro...@tuplejump.com>.

Posted by Heiko Braun <ik...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks Rohit,

Posted by Rohit Rai <ro...@tuplejump.com>.
Thanks guys.

Posted by Heiko Braun <ik...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.
This is cool Rohit, thanks for announcing.

Posted by Sam Bessalah <sa...@gmail.com>.
Congrats. Great job.