Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ben Anderson <be...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/10 21:50:11 UTC

escapeText

Hi,
How do I set a variable with xml in it and then spit it back out?

        <j:set var="cats1">
<![CDATA[
          <category name="
]]>
        </j:set>

This escapes the xml, which I dont' want:
&amp;ltcategory name...

Looking at jelly's documentation, I should be able to do this:
        <j:set var="cats1" escapeText="false">

but I get this output:
<j:set> This tag does not understand the 'escapeText' attribute

This seems like a case where maven isn't using the latest jelly again?
 Does anyone know if there are any workarounds I can use for the
current version of maven.

Thanks,
Ben

Re: escapeText

Posted by Ben Anderson <be...@gmail.com>.
thanks, Brett - that worked!  I thought it wasn't at first because I
was echoing to the screen using <ant:echo>, but as it turns out this
tag escapes xml as well.  But the escapeText and encode tags are
working in j:set.

Re: escapeText

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: escapeText