Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Bernd <ec...@zusammenkunft.net> on 2015/03/24 13:18:25 UTC

State of JAX-RS 2.0 spec

Hello,

I noticed that the JAX-RS Spec Pom is not listed on the Maven site (
http://geronimo.apache.org/maven/specs/index.html under "Modules"). When I
look into the source repository I see in the POM that it puts "1.1" in the
Bundle manifest and OSGi exports. So I wonder if this project is already
"production ready" or abandoned.

Another question, the NOTICE file does not mention anything about the
source of the code. Is it typically decided that there is no need to
mention the license of the spec PDFs or the RI files?

Gruss
Bernd

Re: State of JAX-RS 2.0 spec

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
> On Mar 24, 2015, at 10:24 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> bundle manifest is surely not correct - think nobody tested it in osgi yet

Most likely cause those using JAX-RS 2.0 in OSGi are using the servicemix bundle:

org.apache.servicemix.specs.jsr339-api-2.0

which is based on the reference impl jar.   At least that’s what CXF is using.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: State of JAX-RS 2.0 spec