Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Eric Wood <EW...@llbean.com> on 2006/10/26 15:24:55 UTC

Fileset ignores dir when using a includesfile

I using the following fileset in the PMD task and it appears to ignore
the dir and look for the includesfile in the directory that I am running
ant from. Has anybody else seen this?

            <fileset dir="${pmd.dir}" >
                <includesfile name="modified.java.files"/>
            </fileset>

I have run it in debug mode and the fileset directory appears to be
correct and the file exist and is readable, but the error message does
not reflect the ${pmd.dir} dir setting.

Re: Fileset ignores dir when using a includesfile

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com>.
On 10/26/06, Eric Wood <EW...@llbean.com> wrote:
> I using the following fileset in the PMD task and it appears to ignore
> the dir and look for the includesfile in the directory that I am running
> ant from.
Not quite,
the name is a File attribute and like most File Attributes, it
is relative to the ${basedir} which by default is the location
of the build file.

> Has anybody else seen this?
>
>             <fileset dir="${pmd.dir}" >
>                 <includesfile name="modified.java.files"/>
If you want modified.java.files to be relative to pmp.dir, you need
to do:
<includesfile name="${pmd.dir}/modified.java.files"/>

Peter