Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sean Kroah <se...@wirex.com> on 2001/02/02 00:10:09 UTC

Once again Tomcat and Jikes...

After searching the archives. I've seen various posts about this topic
none really convincing me that anyone has this working 100%. We provide
a linux distro and need a javac compiler for tomcat. From what I
understand we are not allowed to distribute javac from sun. I've called
Sun to get more scoop and am awaiting a call from them.

Ok here's what i've tried:

-uncommented the necessary lines in web.xml.
-uncommented the necessary lines in WebXmlReader.java and rebuilt
webserver.jar

#last ditch effort here...
-created my own request interceptor as suggested by someone last month
and then referenced that from within web.xml.

None of these appear to work for me and my bare bones setup, jre install
only no jdk anywhere to be seen. Perhaps i've screwed it up. I'll try it
one more time...

I'll gladly document a working process for everyone...if anyone can spot
what i'm missing.

Thanks,
SKroah