Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by John Buwa <jo...@tcpbbs.net> on 2001/07/24 04:33:04 UTC

mod_perl strange errors!?

I am using the latest version of apache and modperl and perl. Last night i
attempted to use the mod_perl enabled httpd ... I use cgi-lib.pl in all my
cgi-scripts for an FYI. My scripts work perfectly (just slow) using perl,
when i use the mod_perl enabled httpd. They work to a point then make no
sence in there behaviour at all?

Here is a log entry in my error log and the only error i get when the
scripts are not acting right:

[Mon Jul 23 05:38:06 2001] [error] Undefined subroutine
&Apache::ROOTwww_2emy_2ddomain_2ecom::cgi_2dbin::pads::welcome_2epl::ReadPar
se called at /driveb/usr/web/webroot/cgi-bin/pads/welcome.pl line 7.

When i look at that line in my code. It is:

&ReadParse(*input);

This is the cgi-lib.pl routin for parsing the input which i grab from:
$input{'something'};

So it looks like cgi-lib.pl and mod_perl are having a problem here? Any idea
what it is or how it can be fixed? I loved the impprovement in speed i got
but 10%working scripts is not worth the speed. Any ideas would be greatly
greatly appreciated!

John

Re: mod_perl strange errors!?

Posted by Eric Cholet <ch...@logilune.com>.
--On mardi 24 juillet 2001 00:08 -0500 John Buwa <jo...@tcpbbs.net>
wrote:

> Ok i done some more reading, sorry for not seeing this before. But i still
> have a question how can i use cgi-lib.pl with my mod_perl httpd? Is anyone
> else using this combo? Any ideas please

Sure:
1- don't post modperl questions to new-httpd, it's off topic here. Post them
to modperl@apache.org, a mailing list devoted to modperl
2- don't use cgi-lib, it's horribly outdated and not well suited for
modperl.
Check out http://perl.apache.org/guide for better solutions.
(hint: check out CGI.pm)

--