Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Prateek Dua <pr...@go-mmt.com.INVALID> on 2020/04/04 13:56:48 UTC

Thread Group & Jmeter Property Queries

Hi Team,

Need your help in understanding the following queries..

1. Jmeter 5.2. Thread Group -> Thread Properties ( *Same User on each
iteration*) generates repetitive requests from a Single User itself or
repetitive requests from multiple set of Users .

 Also how can we check if Users are not repeating in Jmeter for such
requests where response is not returning any cookie ?

https://imgur.com/a/tDbBa0e -- above  image

2. Setting property *jmeter.reportgenerator.statistic_window = -1*  i.e.
infinite window really increases the accuracy of the results in JMeter
Dashboardas compared to default *jmeter.reportgenerator.statistic_window
= 20000 *?

And do this property needs to be set too in Jmeter5.2 onwards ?

https://imgur.com/a/tDbBa0e-- below image

Thanks,
Prateek

--

::DISCLAIMER::

This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us
immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all attachments
from your system.

Re: Thread Group & Jmeter Property Queries

Posted by Mariusz W <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
In regard to "Same User on each iteration", it is connected with
thread/user (set in context in ThreadLocal).
When it is set:
1. property httpclient.reset_state_on_thread_group_iteration  is ignored
(always set to false, regardless of setting in jmeter.properties). Reseting
SSL state and connections closing is default from JMeter 5.0 in HC4
implementation,
2. in AuthManager clearSubject is called in kerberos manager,
3. in CacheManager cache is cleared  (this is done when "Use Thread Group
configuration to control..." is enabled),
4. CookieManager  is cleared  (this is done when "Use Thread Group
configuration to control..." is enabled)

You can find info about this in changelog for 5.0 and 5.2 versions.

Regards,
Mariusz