Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "McIntosh, Mike" <Mi...@schwab.com> on 2004/03/03 19:47:24 UTC

Selecting specific sheets for eventmodel parsing

I'm trying to parse selected sheet(s) in a workbook using the eventmodel,
but I'm stuck trying to determine whether I'm on the right sheet.  In
reading the OpenOffice format doc, it seems that I could use the
BoundSheetRecord to find the right BOFRecord for the sheet name I want.  But
the BOFRecord doesn't look like it exposes the offset that I could try to
match to getPositionOfBof() from the BoundSheetRecord for my desired sheet.

Am I missing the easy way to tell if I'm getting cell records for my desired
sheet, or should I switch to the usermodel at this point?  I think the HOWTO
example shows it's pretty easy to get the cell data I'm after if I could
just verify that I'm in the right sheet.

Thanks for your time.

Mike McIntosh
Principal Engineer
Charles Schwab & Co.

WARNING: All email sent to this address will be received by the Charles
Schwab & Co., Inc. corporate mail system and is subject to archival and
review by someone other than the recipient.