Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Greg Pagendam-Turner <gr...@liftyourgame.com> on 2012/08/07 00:12:33 UTC

Using Batik with Grails

Hi folks,

Just wanted to ask if you know of anyone using Batik with Grails?

If so what dependencies are they including?

When I include batik-svg-dom using:
dependencies {
         compile('org.apache.xmlgraphics:batik-svg-dom:1.7') {
             excludes 'xml-apis', 'xml-apis-ext'
         }
     }

Grails reports:

| Configuring classpath
| Error Error executing script Help: loader constraint violation: when
resolving overridden method
"org.apache.tools.ant.helper.ProjectHelper2$RootHandler.setDocumentLocator(Lorg/xml/sax/Locator;)V"
the class loader (instance of
org/codehaus/groovy/grails/cli/support/GrailsRootLoader) of the current
class, org/apache/tools/ant/helper/ProjectHelper2$RootHandler, and its
superclass loader (instance of <bootloader>), have different Class
objects for the type org/xml/sax/Locator used in the signature (Use
--stacktrace to see the full trace)

IDEA hook: Grails not found!
| Error java.lang.NullPointerException
| Error     at org.jetbrains.groovy.grails.rt.Agent$2.run(Agent.java:88)
| Error     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Greg

Re: Using Batik with Grails

Posted by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com>.
> Hi folks,

Hi Greg,

> When I include batik-svg-dom using:
> dependencies {
>         compile('org.apache.xmlgraphics:batik-svg-dom:1.7') {
>             excludes 'xml-apis', 'xml-apis-ext'
>         }
>     }
>
> Grails reports:

> | Configuring classpath
> | Error Error executing script Help: loader constraint violation: when
> resolving overridden method
> "org.apache.tools.ant.helper.ProjectHelper2$RootHandler.setDocumentLocator(Lorg/xml/sax/Locator;)V"
> the class loader (instance of
> org/codehaus/groovy/grails/cli/support/GrailsRootLoader) of the current
> class, org/apache/tools/ant/helper/ProjectHelper2$RootHandler, and its
> superclass loader (instance of <bootloader>), have different Class objects
> for the type org/xml/sax/Locator used in the signature (Use --stacktrace to
> see the full trace)

Without knowing anything from Grails infrastructure, I'd say you're
suffering from the fact that Batik ships [1] an XML parser for support
of "older" Java versions (i.e., <1.5).

You may attempt to leave xerces [2] out (I don't recall by memory if
that's possible without further trickery) and, if you know that Java
1.5+ will always be in use, than xalan [3] also can be removed
(without any negative impact AFAIK).

Please refer to the dependency graph [1] for additional information.

> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Greg

Hope this helps,