Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by it Force <it...@rediffmail.com> on 2002/04/29 08:50:26 UTC

Forbidden for cgi-bin directory?

i would like to access the general 'cgi-bin' directory.

however it gives me error message
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ on this
server.

also i have the alias directives etc. enabled.
like my alias for cgi scripts points  to
Alias /cgi-bin/  "/var/www/cgi-bin/"

it also seem my path to that directory is have 755
permision rights.

so whatsgoing wrong?

Click below to visit monsterindia.com and review jobs in India or
Abroad
http://monsterindia.rediff.com/jobs

Re: Forbidden for cgi-bin directory?

Posted by Josh Glover <jm...@incogen.com>.
it Force wrote:
> i would like to access the general 'cgi-bin' directory.
>
> however it gives me error message
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ on this
> server.
>
> also i have the alias directives etc. enabled.
> like my alias for cgi scripts points  to
> Alias /cgi-bin/  "/var/www/cgi-bin/"
>
> it also seem my path to that directory is have 755
> permision rights.

OK, have you made sure that the entire path up to the /var/www/cgi-bin
directory is at least 711?

Also, you may want to read here about Options Indexes.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#allowoverride

This must be set in order for you to be able to access directory's root,
I think.

--
Josh Glover <jm...@incogen.com>

Associate Systems Administrator