Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by John Hunter <va...@comcast.net> on 2015/08/15 15:47:04 UTC

Reinstalling Open Office

On my Mac I have Open Office 4.0.1 and would like to upgrade to 4.1.1.  I know that uninstalling the currently installed version is not necessary before downloading and installing a new version.  However, I wonder if doing so might be a good idea anyway.  I've had a little trouble with 4.0.1 in recent weeks and am reasoning that deleting it entirely before loading the new version might be a good idea.  I'd appreciate your thoughts on the question.  Thanks.

John Hunter

RE: Reinstalling Open Office

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
John,

It depends on the kinds of problems you have been having.

Generally, it is better to simply upgrade.  If you have some of the same problems afterwards, please report those or go to the forums for advice, in case these are known problems with useful workarounds.

 - Dennis