Posted to mirae-dev@ws.apache.org by st...@informatik.uni-ulm.de on 2006/07/13 16:18:17 UTC

WS-Addressing support

Hello everyone,

I was searching for a Webservice implementation for my J2ME system when I found
this project. As I couldn't find any information regarding (upcoming) support
for WS-Addressing, I deliver my question directly to the list:

Is WS-Addressing support planned for Mirae?

I would also appreciate any suggestions about how to get WS-Addressing working
with J2ME (as I'm desperately searching for a way ;))

Thanks & Greetings

Stefan

Re: WS-Addressing support

Posted by Changshin Lee <ia...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan,

On 7/13/06, stefan.gauss@informatik.uni-ulm.de
<st...@informatik.uni-ulm.de> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I was searching for a Webservice implementation for my J2ME system when I found
> this project. As I couldn't find any information regarding (upcoming) support
> for WS-Addressing, I deliver my question directly to the list:
>
> Is WS-Addressing support planned for Mirae?

Not directly, but Mirae is planning to implement JSR 279 Service
Connection API that allows you to use various profiles, so I think it
would be a good idea to add WS-Addressing support to Basic profile
meaning that you access a web service via SOAP/WSDL. JSR 279 is still
evolving, so I'd like to bring the issue to the JSR Expert group.

> I would also appreciate any suggestions about how to get WS-Addressing working
> with J2ME (as I'm desperately searching for a way ;))

Actually there is a way: use Mirae WS, particularly message oriented
model which enables you to write any SOAP element via StAX mechanism
of writing XML components. However, it's pretty manual so that you can
hardly expect ease of development from the API like JSR 261 JAX-WSA (I
guess this JSR is also not that easy though ;-).

Please feel free evaluating Mirae WS MOM with an example at SVN
(trunk/samples/message-oriented-model). Your further questions on that
are welcome.

Cheers,

Ias