Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl> on 2006/10/12 07:55:19 UTC

Re: svn commit: r463024 - in /geronimo/plugins/spring: branches/ tags/ trunk/ trunk/modules/ trunk/modules/spring-deployer-service/ trunk/modules/spring-deployer-service/src/ trunk/modules/spring-deployer-service/src/java/ trunk/modules/spring-integr

On 10/12/06, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:
> I'd avoid making new projects that have a modules/*  Just organize
> your modules in the root, or make modules to organize them into
> meaningful groups.

I didn't get it. Could you show an example of it?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 10/12/06, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:
> GShell is one example:
>
>      http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/geronimo/sandbox/gshell/trunk/
>
> So is Plexus:
>
>      http://svn.codehaus.org/plexus/trunk/
>
> The main idea is to organize by functionality... not by type.
> Putting components under modules/* is not what I would recommend with
> m2.  I created modules/* years ago to support the m1 build.  Now that
> we are using m2, we should stop using the legacy project layout and
> instead organize components into logical groups based on functionality.

Ah, that explains it so clearly. Thanks!

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
GShell is one example:

     http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/geronimo/sandbox/gshell/trunk/

So is Plexus:

     http://svn.codehaus.org/plexus/trunk/

The main idea is to organize by functionality... not by type.
Putting components under modules/* is not what I would recommend with
m2.  I created modules/* years ago to support the m1 build.  Now that
we are using m2, we should stop using the legacy project layout and
instead organize components into logical groups based on functionality.

--jason